This lasagna recipe is an easy weeknight meal that you can even prepare in advance!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 12 lasagna noodles (I use the no-boil ones)
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 container cottage cheese
- 1 container ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pan, over medium heat brown the ground beef until no pink shows, about 4 minutes. Then drain the grease. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, half of the grated parmesan cheese, dried, parsley, oregano, basil, salt & pepper.
- To assemble, in the bottom of a 9×13″ baking dish evenly spread 3/4 cup of the sauce mixture. Cover with 4 of the lasagna noodles, 2 cups of the cheese mixture, and 1/2 cup sauce.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Top with 4 noodles, remaining sauce, remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.